Reduce Your AC Costs!
How to Reduce your A/C Repair Bill with Midwest Contractor of Columbus
You can always count on Midwest Contractor for help and service. But here are a few simple things to try before scheduling a visit to your home:
Air Conditioning Equipment Pre-service Checklist
- Check to make sure you set your thermostat in the “cool” position.
- Make sure that the temperature set on the thermostat is below (or lower than) the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat..
- Ensure that your outdoor air conditioning unit (condensing unit) is running.
- Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box (or electrical panel), most likely mounted to an outside wall in the back of the house. Make sure they are all in the “ON” position.
- Check the outdoor “disconnect switch” to make sure it is in the “ON” position. The disconnect switch location is near the outdoor unit (Normally a grey 8” wide x 16” high x 4” deep box mounted on the wall).
- Ensure that the blower in your furnace is running. (If the thermostat is in the “cool” position at 70° or so the furnace blower should be running).
- If not check to make sure the on/off switch at the furnace is in the “ON” POSITION.
- Try turning the fan to “ON” using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to the furnace.
- An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
- Replace all one-inch thick filters monthly.
- Replace two-inch thick filters and high-efficiency pleated filters every other month (6 times per year).
- Check and ensure that furniture is not blocking all return air grilles.
- Furniture should be moved at least four inches away from return air grilles to allow for adequate air supply.
If this checklist does not solve your problem, contact MIDWEST Heating and Cooling right away for service. Be sure to have your model number and serial number!
Call us Now at 614-252-5241, and we can help!