Reduce Your Heat Pump Service Costs
Simple things to try before calling Midwest Heating and Cooling for service!
You can always count on Midwest Heating and Cooling for help and service. But here are a few simple things to try before scheduling a visit to your home:
Heat Pump Equipment Pre-Service Checklist:
- Know where all of the heating and cooling units are in your home.
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Check your air filter. A dirty air filter is a common cause of problems.
- Write down the model numbers of all your heat pump brand's products.
- Be ready to explain clearly what problems you've had.
- Know when your problems began.
- Make sure the heat pump system is accessible by the dealer, including units in crawl spaces or attics.
- Lock pets in a separate room.
- Make sure an adult (18 years or older) is home to let your dealer in.
- Be prepared to answer the phone. Many heat pump service technicians call when they're on the way to your home.
- If you rent your home, make sure you have permission to have the heat pump repair preformed.
- If your heat pump is frozen, shut it off before the technician arrives so it's thawed and ready for service.
- Have information on all prior heat pump repairs performed on your system readily available.
- Be prepared to make a payment for the completed heat pump repair to the dealer.
Find Your Model Number
Knowing the model number of your product will help you troubleshoot any problems and will make it easier for us to provide service.
In addition to being listed in your owner's manual or other paperwork that came with your heat pump, the model number is also posted directly on your unit.
You can find the model number listed on a "rating plate" sticker on the unit above the back-seated service valve connections
If you have a different Heat Pump other than Trane, the sticker could be in another place.
And of course, if you are unable to find your model number, you can always call Midwest Heating and Cooling for a hand at (614) 929-2402
Contact Us For Service
Midwest Contractor is a family-owned company that has been providing Columbus with reliable heating and cooling, home remodeling, roofing and gutter cleaning services for over 100 years. We are experts in air conditioner and furnace services (HVAC): including maintenance and installation.
Need a Contractor?
Fill out our online form or send us an e-mail to schedule a in home roofing, heating and cooling installation and repair service, or remodeling estimates in Columbus.