How to Reduce your A/C Repair Bill with Midwest Contractor of Columbus
You can always count on Midwest Contractor for help and service. But here are a few simple things to try before scheduling a visit to your home:
Air Conditioning Equipment Pre-service Checklist
- Check the circuit breakers in the circuit breaker box (or electrical panel), most likely mounted to an outside wall in the back of the house. Make sure they are all in the “ON” position.
- Check the outdoor “disconnect switch” to make sure it is in the “ON” position. The disconnect switch is located near the outdoor unit (Normally a grey 8” wide x 16” high x 4” deep box mounted to the wall).
- If not check to make sure the on/off switch at the furnace is in the “ON” POSITION.
- Try turning the fan to “ON” using the fan switch on the thermostat to test for power to the furnace.
An extremely blocked filter can cause your outdoor air conditioner unit to shut down due to lack of proper airflow.
- All one-inch thick filters should be replaced monthly.
- Two-inch thick filters and high efficiency pleated filters can most likely be changed every other month (6 times per year).
- Furniture should be moved at least four inches away from return air grilles to allow for adequate air supply.
If this checklist does not solve your problem, contact MIDWEST Heating and Cooling right away for service. Be sure to have your model number and serial number!
Call us Now (614) 733-8385 and we can help!